Missed doing this for 1st grade, which is okay, as we were just trying to make it through the pandemic school year. The good news is, we made it! Kenzie’s really good at math, and enjoys word problems. She’s also so graceful and athletic. It’s a joy seeing her happily execute a perfect cartwheel, or easily launch into a sprint, outpacing boys her age.
2nd grade with Ms. Flowers starts next Wednesday, and we’re really looking forward to it! She’ll be back in person, back on the bus, back to eating lunch with her friends in the cafeteria, back to recess…and even though masks are mandatory (thank goodness!), she’s so used to wearing hers thanks to pod camp, that I’m not too worried.
1. What is your favorite color?
2. What is your favorite toy?
Pop-its. (I fully supported her transition from slime to pop-its. Much less mess, easier to clean up, and definitely “satisfying.” She loves all fidgets: marble mashes, pop tubes, 2x2s and 3x3s (Rubik’s cubes), fidget cubes, snap its, wacky tracks, needoh cats…)
3. What is your favorite fruit?
Bananas (Really? I’ll have to start buying more bananas. What she really, really loves now, are tomatoes. We bought some heirloom tomatoes from the farmer’s market, and she’ll eat the whole thing sliced with a little bit of salt. We’re also growing cherry tomatoes, and for the first time, it’s actually fruiting a lot!)
4. What is your favorite TV show?
Larva (This is an animated show on Netflix. It’s pretty funny. She also likes Pocoyo.)
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch?
Bao (She loves bao! And I love it because it’s so easy to make. Steam it up, good to go.)
6. What is your favorite outfit?
Tie dye shirt and shorts
7. What is your favorite game?
8. What is your favorite snack?
Chocolate chip cookies
9. What is your favorite animal?
Puppies and kittens
10. What is your favorite song?
“Roar” by Katy Perry. (At first, I thought she said “War,” and I didn’t know what song that was. So then she started singing…”I used to bite my tongue and hold my breath…”)
11. What is your favorite book?
Piggy and Gerald (She can read these all by herself now!)
12. Who is your favorite friend to play with?
13. What is your favorite sport?
Gymnastics and basketball and tennis. At Sports Camp, I played tennis.
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside?
Go to the playground.
15. What is your favorite drink?
Fanta and Sprite. And milk. (For the record, she loves ordering soda pop, but she very rarely takes more that one sip. I think she’s like me, I didn’t really like bubbles until I was a teenager.)
16. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas and Easter, because I like getting presents and doing egg hunts.
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night?
My favorite stuffie (Bun Bun and big pup and Hedgey and Pandy), and a pillow, and my favorite soft blanket. (Her favorite soft blanket that she STOLE from me, that was given to us by my mother-in-law.) 🙂
18. What did you do today?
Played basketball and went mini-golfing. And went to McDonalds and I ordered stuff for Daddy and me.
19. What do you want for dinner on your birthday?
Pizza. Sausage pizza and cheese pizza.
20. What do you want to be when you grow up?
A teacher and a gymnastics girl. And a zookeeper. And I love you, mama. And I love you, daddy. And I love you, Kona. And I love Zee, and Vinny and Vivi.