It was a whirlwind summer, as we made up for lost time. We camped and hunted diamonds and dinosaurs at Crater of Diamonds in Murfreesboro, Arkansas; did Family Camp at Camp Echo in Fremont, Michigan (where Kenzie did her first sleepaway camp a few weeks following); Jeff and Kenzie went to Portage Lake; and I got my solo trip in to Kohler, Wisconsin. Then 10 days in San Diego, where we hit Legoland, Disneyland, and refilled my Chinese food reserves.
1. What is your favorite color?
blues, all the blues
2. What is your favorite toy?
Fidgets. (I recently tried to get her to tally up all her popits, wacky tracks, marble mashes, squishies, etc, so that we could play with bar graphs and pie charts. That lasted six whole minutes.)
3. What is your favorite fruit?
Watermelon. (I once gave her a spoon and a half a personal watermelon. She went to town getting it all in her belly.)
4. What is your favorite TV show?
Bluey and Big City Greens.
5. What is your favorite food?
Mini bell peppers with french onion dip, and nutella sandwiches. (She can also put away an entire steamer of xiao long bao. You should’ve seen her at Din Tai Fung in San Diego. It. Was. Impressive.)
6. What is your favorite outfit?
A dress with cool stuff and shoes. “Cool stuff is jewelry and bracelets, and makeup.”
7. What is your favorite game?
Gagaball and Affection. “Affection is like Tag, but when you tag someone, they get to be the tagger and you’re a runner. I know it’s hard to learn. I learned by watching it.”
8. What is your favorite snack?
Ice cream and chocolate brownies.
9. What is your favorite animal?
Puppies, kittens, giraffes, zebras, and a kapoochie monkey. “Kapoochies are a kind of monkey and I love them. They are so cute. I saw them on YouTube.” (CAPUCHIN! I had to Google that.)
10. What is your favorite song?
Easy on Me, and Girl on Fire, and Old Town Road. (Apparently one day last year, they were taking song requests in the school cafeteria during lunch. Kenzie was so proud, because she requested “Girl on Fire,” and she said everyone started singing! Even the lunch ladies!)
11. What is your favorite book?
Piggy and Gerald (She can read these all by herself now!)
12. Who is your favorite friend to play with?
Hunter and Pearl and A’mayra and Auggie
13. What is your favorite sport?
Gymnastics, tennis and pickleball. (This summer, she did Golf and Tennis camp for the first time!)
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside?
Fairy gardens, and chalk and play.
15. What is your favorite drink?
Sprite, Coke, water and milk.
16. What is your favorite holiday?
Halloween and Christmas, and my birthday!
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night?
Stuffy, pillow, blanket and a sleep mask! (Bunbun and Big Pup are still in the lead, though now her bed is piled with an assortment of Squishmallows.)
18. What did you do today?
Kid’s Empire (with Conrad and Katie, as a last day of summer finale); made slime, had ice cream for breakfast (see earlier reference re: last day of summer), watched TV.
19. What do you want for dinner on your birthday?
Chuck E Cheese and Disneyland!
20. What do you want to be when you grow up?
A college teacher and a kindergarten or first grade teacher. Just like mommy.